Wednesday, October 29

Day 5 Washington DC

Today we visited the Natural History museum. I forgot to mention that yesterday we found out the American History museum is closed until the fall of 2008. It is fall!!!!! But alas, it doesn't reopen until November. I was majorly bummed. Apparently it's been closed for the last 2 years for major renovations. Maybe we'll come back with kids some day to see it. Speaking of kids, it must've been "field trip day" for several of the schools around here. The museum had lots of noisy pre-teens running amuck. It was still quite enjoyable to see the place. Got lots of pics. Even a few with Troy! My favorite part was the Gem collection. The Hope diamond is BEAUTIFUL. I told Troy I was taking pics of the things I wanted for christmas. The lady next to us laughed and said, "Isn't every woman?" I was particularly taken aback at the pink diamonds. I tried to take a pic, but without using the flash due to the glass case, it came out a little fuzzy. We also did another IMAX movie called "Deep Sea: 3D." Narrated by Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp. It was awesome. Although, again, we had to share the theatre with way too many younguns who couldn't keep their traps shut. They got a little better after it started and their teacher told them to be quiet. We then headed to Dupont Circle for some dinner at Kramer Books and Afterthoughts Cafe. The food was great, the pie even better. Much to my chagrin, I think I've gained about 10 pounds on this trip... even with all the walking! Tomorrow, off to the memorials! We're hoping it won't be quite as cold and windy. We're starting to think that next years vacation may involve a beach and a lovely placed call Hawaii. Enjoy the pics!


Right as you walk in, you're greated by this fellow.

Many of you realize that I couldn't go without seeing the Egyptian stuff. If they hadn't been sold out, I would've bought a mummified cat pendant. It was soooooo pretty!


This is the pic of the pink diamond. It didn't come out quite like I wanted it to, but you get the picture.

T. Rex, 'nuff said.

Ain't we silly?

1 comment:

side of fries said...

"a mummified cat pendant"? Something is seriously wrong with you.