Sunday, October 26

Day 2 The National Zoo

The BEST free zoo we have ever been to! It was enormous and it was well done. We took so many pics that I'll only be able to post a few today. I'll put my favorites. :) We got to the zoo about 9:30am. We stayed until about 3:40pm right before they closed for the annual "Boo at the Zoo." Which, for $25, looked really cool to bring kids too. You basically trick or treat at the zoo. They have a bunch of tables set up all over the place. Plus tons of decorations, which I took plenty of pics of! The weather was much nicer today. High of 69 and beautiful. I couldn't have asked for a prettier day. We had a wonderful time. We also wore our feet out! We fell asleep when we got back to the hotel. We had dinner down the street from our inn. I can't believe how much walking we've already done and we haven't been to the Smithsonian yet!

This pic was taken first thing in the morning. The trees were changing colors and it was beautiful out. A wonderful, crisp fall morning.

This one is for you dad. Although, I was a bit disappointed that there were no prairie dogs actually out on the prairie dog town they had built.
We were EXTREMELY close to the cheetahs. This pic was taken about 10 feet away from this guy. There were four of them. I was totally convinced that one of the cheetahs was stalking the zebras that were in the next cage (which was only a fence with some barbed wire) away. It was creepy!
I'm sure you've probably read and forgotten about the only pandas to have successfully mated here in the U.S. This is one of them. I'm not sure which one this is, but they were still cool to see.

1 comment:

side of fries said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! I am jealous... wanna trade?