Monday, April 30

Movin' On Up

When I first started at Regenstrief in 2000, I was told we were moving into a new building soon. Finally, 6 1/2 years later, we finally relocated to a new building. Originally called MISB II, we're now calling our new locations the HITS building. Someone already pointed out that we need to be very careful in how we order those letters. The building is brand new (just finished a couple of months ago; some tenants moved in last month) and still has a "new building" smell to it. Everything is fresh and clean. The pluses of the new building are that it was not previously used as a clinic, I don't have to ride up the elevator with Wishard patients and/or inmates, it's on the Canal (great for the fall, spring, and summer...don't know about the winter), and there's a lot more space. The downsides are that my assigned parking (the Clarian X Lot) lot is six blocks away (I found street parking this morning, but that may very day by day) and nothing is working quite right. My access card did work on the front door, but some of the doors still don't recognize it. My phone wasn't working and after it was fixed it was discovered my voice mail didn't work. My computer was updated when it was moved and now two of my commonly used programs aren't talk to each other (Excel and SAS). Other than those minor things, the move went well. All of my boxes were outside my cube and my computer was hooked up. I spent lunch sitting on a bench on the Canal, so I can't complain.

Old building.


New building.