Tuesday, April 24

Bush now a Colt

Even though I knew the Colts were going to visit the White House Monday, when I first saw a "Bush" Colts jersey my mind immediately thought, "Holy cow! How'd we get Reggie Bush?" Unfortunately, the Bush that gets the Colts jersey is the President, George Bush (Nothing against the president, but I hear he can't match Reggie's 4.3 40 time). The Colts got to visit the White House and spend some time with the Washington big wigs.

My favorite part (I'll try to find the exact quote later) was an interview with Peyton Manning that he started off with "Oh, we just spent 20 minutes in the Oval Office." Can you imagine how many lobbiest and foreign ambassadors that would love to get 5 minutes with the President to discuss legislation or global issues? Peyton gets 20 minutes just to chit-chat! I also loved Bush's quote:

"A lot of people here in the White House compound have been really looking forward to seeing Peyton Manning," Bush said. "They wanted to see a guy who gets more air time than I do."

Say what you want about his presidency, but at least he has a sense of humor!

I understand why Bush got a Colt's jersey (it's pretty customary when a winning team visits the White House), but why in the world did the Colt's give him a cowboy hat?

No comments: