Thursday, December 28

Christmas 2006, Part III: Brazil and Back Again

Rachel had to work Christmas Day, so I was on my own for my trip to Brazil. My immediate family had brunch (pancakes, Krispy Kremes, and other assorted brunchy foods) and then exchanged presents. My nephew Brian received the bulk of these, mostly related to Cars. Afterward, my sister, brother-in-law, and I hung around the house while mom prepared dinner. I may have also taken a nap, although I insist I was just resting my eyes. Later the extended Wegner family came over for a feast of turkey, mashed potatoes, and other such holiday foods. I left, stuffed as usual, for home to meet Rachel for our exchanging of gifts. As already mentioned here, Rachel got me the very awesome gift of a Drew Brees Saints jersey which I immediately put on (I'd still have it on, but my employer frowns on football jerseys as business appropriate attire). All in all, a very satisfying Christmas. Merry Christmas to you all!






No comments: