Monday, November 2

Halloween Festivities

This weekend Drew celebrated his first holiday. Halloween. This is a big holiday in my house, because I am a Halloween junkie. The house has been decorated all month... yes I found time to do this while taking care of a newborn. Both the outside and the inside are very festive. I think I like this holiday so much because I love being scared. I have a vast scary movie collection. So all last week, I watched scary movies on tv and dressed my child up in various Halloween garb. He's been a skeleton, a pumpkin, and also wore an "I love my mummy" onesie last week. So on Halloween, we traveled to Brazil, IN to celebrate with my in-laws. It was also Troy's cousin Kaylee's birthday. There was cake and hot dogs cooked on the open flame. Most of us were dressed up. Troy came as a Colt's fan... how original. We had a great time. Then it was home to hand out candy and scare our own trick-or-treaters... had we had any. We had, maybe, 15 kids. We now have a huge bag of candy left, which I don't need to be eating. I believe I will be making goodie bags for my niece and nephew who could not trick-or-treat due to having the flu. They are better now. Here are a few pictures of our fun Halloween time!


No comments: