Friday, January 12

Wedding Bells in Brazil




On the 29th of December (I'm a little late getting things posted), Rachel and I headed to Brazil to see my cousin Danny Wegner get married to Allyson Houston. The ceremony was nice, held in a typical small, cozy church. Highlights included a bridesmaid tipping over a candle which was saved inches before catching the bride's dress (and likely the entire church) on fire and my nephew Brian breaking all land-speed records going down the aisle as the ring bearer. The kid is definitely a runner. Considering the speed I've seen in him, I'm already booking tickets to the 2024 Olympics. The reception was held at the Ohio House in Terre Haute. Only in Indiana could you have a building named for another state; was the name Indiana House taken? Actually, it was a pretty nice place complete with an open bar and a chocolate fondue fountain. Again my nephew provided highlights as he tried to dip his entire plate in the fondue fountain (smart guy; wish I would have thought of it) and entertained us with his dance moves (read: running around the dance floor). Everyone seemed to have fun, especially the wedding party who were mostly the only ones out dancing and partying. Congrats to Danny and Allyson and thanks for letting us be part of the celebration.

You can check out all the wedding photos from me here.

No comments: